He is one of Felicità's love interests.
Libertà is a young adult of average height and weight. His attire consists of a black suit with a red tie and a white shirt with a high collar, along with black pants and a navy-colored belt. He has blond hair, turquoise eyes, and peach-colored skin. His stigmata is located on his forehead, hidden by his hair. He also has two piercings on his left ear.As a child, he wore rags at the orphanage, but then wore a white shirt and short brown pants after being taken to a pirate ship by Dante.
Libertà is very childish, optimistic, and energetic. Difficulties don't scare him, overcoming whatever is thrown his way. He is also kind and impulsive, swearing to become strong so he can grant Felicità her freedom. He seems to always have luck on his side. Being naive when it comes to women, he is rather nervous around Felicità and loses his calm when she gets too close to him.
When Libertà was a child, he spoke in an emotionless manner due to the fact he was constantly abused. After being saved and taken in by Dante, he gradually became happy and became able to interact with others.
As a child, Libertà was raised in an orphanage that used Libertà and the other children in there as test subjects. One day, Dante infiltrated the orphanage in a disguise and saw the abused children. One of the workers takes Libertà as a hostage after seeing Dante subdue several other workers by holding a knife to his throat. Libertà goes in a trance-like state and sees a lit candlewick. He then quietly utters the word "burn", activating his Arcana and causing a large explosion that destroys the entire orphanage.
After the smoke clears, a disguised Dante and Libertà stand in the orphanage's ruins. Libertà asks Dante if he came here to experiment on him as well. Dante replies by saying that he came there to save him, asking if Libertà wants to come with him, to which Libertà silently agrees.
Soon, Libertà was taken to Dante's ship. He was shy and fearful at first, but he slowly became more open to the ship's crew and more cheerful. However, because of the abuse he had to endure before, Libertà occasionally lost control of his Arcana, wreaking havoc each time. One night, a storm occurred at sea. He sees several crates fall on Dante, screamed Dante's name and his Arcana activated, saving Dante.
Libertà continued to lose control of his Arcana, causing Dante to take drastic measures. Dante sealed Libertà's memories of his time at the orphanage and his Arcana.
Sometime after that, Dante took Libertà to Regalo. Libertà sat on Dante's shoulders and admired the view as Dante told him that he will be joining the Arcana Famiglia. Libertà energetically told Dante that he will surpass him. Dante tells Libertà that he shouldn't get his hopes up.
Libertà is first seen unloading packages from a ship then he hears noises at main street and jumps into action fighting beside Nova. As the criminals get away in a car, Libertà goes to catch up by roof then you see him jump down onto the car Liberta is later seen at Mondo's birthday then challenges Mondo to win freedom for Felictà. Pace holds him back from charging for Nova, who was standing in the way. He unknowingly uses his Arcana powers to get free.
- Fools Arcana (愚者, Gusha, Il Matto): His Arcana abilities, though sealed and not fully seen, are centered around the power of the word. When he invokes his powers, whatever he says comes to reality ("disappear" will make an object disappear, "burn" will cause an explosion, etc.) The ability is called Pensiero Realizzato (Realized Thought).
- Weapon Specialist: He's shown proficiency with the machete, easily fighting off a bunch of smugglers single-handedly. His swordsmanship skills are very good.
- Felicita - Libertà is good friends with Felicita and has known her for a short while. From the beginning of the series, it is clear he is infatuated and in love with her, even going as far as challenging Papa when she was going to be forced to marry the winner of the Arcana Duello. Their bond grows stronger through the story as she helps him overcome his fears and grow stronger. He even uses his Arcana powers in order to save her on several occasions, overcoming his fear. She is also the reason he recovered his memories of his past.
- Dante - Dante is Liberta's guardian and mentor. Being that Libertà grew up in an orphanage, he never had any parents, that we know of. Dante is the closest thing he has to family before he joins Arcana Famiglia. When Libertà slowly starts to recover his memory he remembers a masked man who came and saved him from the orphanage. This man is revealed to be Dante who later adopted Libertà and took him with him. When Libertà's Arcana powers went out of control it was Dante who sealed his memories, until he was strong enough not to lose control again. Libertà recognizes Dante as the man who he must overcome, giving him a rival-like title, to which Dante says his true rival may, in fact, be Nova and not him. Libertà and Dante face off during the Arcana Duello and Libertà is finally able to overcome him, thanks to Felicita and Nova.
- Nova - Nova is Liberta's rival in life and love. When the two meet there is clear animosity between them as they argue all the time. Libertà even gives him the nickname "Chickpea" as a form of teasing, though it is clear it was on good terms. Through the story, Felicita brings the two together and they develop a bond of friendship, and their rivalry is on better terms as well. Though they still argue, they both recognize the bond of trust between them and their mutual feelings for Felicita.
- His tarot card, The Fool, is associated with the protagonist of a story and reflects on all the "Human Archetypes".
- His name is Italian for freedom.
- Out of him, Felicità, and Nova, he is the only one to not be the head of the branch he belongs to.
- In the anime, it is stated that he, like Felicita and Nova, had a contract with his Tarocco since the moment of his birth. Nova informs him that it is easier to make a contract if one is related to someone with a Tarocco, hinting to his blood relation to Nova and Felicita.
- ↑ Arcana Famiglia, volume 2