Mondo (モンド, Mondo) is the Head of the Arcana Famiglia, and is one of supporting characters of La storia della Arcana Famiglia. He also goes by the alias, "Papà". He is the father of Felicità and the husband of Sumire. Mondo has an elder brother named Moreno who is the father of Nova, making Nova his nephew.
Mondo is a tall man with shoulder-length, auburn hair that is slicked back. He also has a beard. He wears a white coat and gray shirt with a black tie.
Although Mondo can be harsh sometimes, he is very caring and actually very kind. He would do anything, even sacrificing his life to protect the people dear to him, although he can be eccentric and impulsive.
In the past, Mondo left the Arcana Famiglia in the hands of Luca, a child at the time, so he could go on a trip around the world to find love, claiming his Arcana was telling him to go. In Japan, he met Sumire after asking around for the most beautiful woman they had, and paid for her to return to Regalo with him to be his wife.
According to the manga and game, Felicita has never expressed any kind of affection for her father; she hasn't even kissed him on the cheek. He was absent for most of her childhood, checking in on her and Sumire every once in a while.
On his birthday, Mondo marches into his party along with Sumire while thanking the attendants and stating that everyone's cooperation is what brought them this far. However, he adds that it is time for him to consider retirement and that someone will take his place if they win the upcoming Arcana Duello and become Felicità's husband. He swears by the name of his Arcana he will give the victor the title of "Papà" and grant their wish.
His words, especially the mention of allowing the winner to marry Felicità, shocks the crowd. Felicità walks up to her father, sternly declaring that she does not wish to marry. Mondo tells his daughter that, while she chose to join the Arcana Famiglia on her own will, she had no say in this matter. Surprisingly, Felicità launches a throwing knife at her father's face, but it is calmly caught. He tells Felicità to beat him, and she will be free. When Felicità's kick is easily blocked, Mondo asks if she's even taking this seriously, she responds with a series of kicks. This fails, however, and Mondo throws her to the ground. Libertà becomes upset and talks back to Mondo, and he is provoked the same way Felicità was. Libertà charges, but is stopped by Nova.
Mondo watches the whole ordeal between several heads and Libertà before walking up to the former and telling him that the only way to free Felicità is to win the Arcana Duello, before leaving the party with Sumire. As they walk down the hallways, he tells his spouse that the "Wheel of Fortune" has started spinning.
In later episodes/chapters, Mondo falls ill due to the pressure from his Arcana. He recovers in time for the Duello, but is still fairly weak.
World Arcana (世界, Sekai, Il Mondo): #21 of the Arcana Taroccos. The power of his Arcana can seal other Arcana Powers.
The Arcana Tarocco Cards that don't have a host survive by the energy/power of the host of the World Arcana. This ultimately ends up draining Mondo's power to the point where it threatens his life.
- Sumire: Wife. He believes they were destined to be together.
- Felicita: Daughter. He cares for her deeply and wishes that she would show him more love. He was absent for most of her childhood, busy with the Family.
- Jolly: His right-hand man in decisions of the Arcana Famiglia
- Luca: When Mondo ran away to Japan, he appointed Luca, who was around 10 years old, to be head of the Arcana Family in his absence. He initially forced Luca to be Felicita's constant companion because his power could keep her from injuring herself with the Wheel.
- The Italian name of his Arcana matches his name (Il Mondo, The World)
- His name, Mondo, means "world" in Italian.
- He has a rule that the Arcana Family members should eat meals together. Jolly is exempt from this.
- Arcana Famiglia; Episode 1
- Arcana Famiglia; Episode 12
- Comic Anthology Amore, #9